Thursday 9 January 2014

New Resolution failed

Screaming Bollocks,
That’s right, great big sweaty screaming bollocks.
No mine just screaming bollocks in general.
I have failed at one of my resolutions for this year.
That was to stop wasting my time on obscure expat web sites arguing the toss, about garbage like the ghastly royal family, with anonymous people who, for some strange reason, seem to think they are a jolly good wheeze and rather top hole.
Life really is a bit short to be discussing these things that I would normally dismiss with a flick of the wrist, or raised eyebrow, and it makes it even worse that I am often discussing stuff with people, who although they have never spent time in my company, actually despise my forum persona and make it a point to take offence or affront at anything I write.
Those of you who know the more mischievous side of me will be grinning at that because it’s a bit like showing a red rag to a bull. It just spurs me on to stay engaged, knowing full well I am never going to help them see the folly of their ways, that they are never going to understand my rustic view of it, and I am likely to just enrage them by trying.
I will concentrate on not engaging, which is unnatural for me, however I will reduce my forum use which will afford me more time to engage on here if the opportunity arises.
Its not like giving up smoking, which personally I find as easy to do as starting smoking again, this is much more difficult to stop because of the social contact it affords me when I am away from Mrs Bentley. ( I know she will be raising her own eyebrow at that statement but it isn’t a cop out. What we couldn’t work out was how people find so much time when they are home to make loads of posts a day when for the 6 or 7 weeks I am home I doubt if I make more than one a week. I know full well how I get to spend time on the forums when I am at work but I am far to busy with life when home to be arguing with strangers and of course I have MrsB to be with )
When I am away time spent on a forum, even one where I am disliked by many purse lipped, tut tutters because of my outspokenness or feigned arrogance, can be enjoyable and its good fun to swap opinions (if for no other reason that to test my own) but writing just for oneself and possibly the handful of people who may read it on here is new to me. However it is a process I must go through if I am ever to get this book out of me.
Using my time engaging with strangers is not the most productive use of that time and time is the one resource that I realise I am now using more and more of, out of an ever shrinking reserve.
Note to self
Must spend more time on here organising my thoughts into new and coherent argument and less time using known and tested coherent argument on anonymous strangers.
Love and Peace
Bentley

check out www.myrusticview.com for new posts 

3 comments:

  1. Having just wandered over to you for some sense after finding myself being hugely irritated by said 'purse lipped tut tutters' this makes me smile.
    Seeking more smiles I checked out myrusticview.com and I don't get anywhere. Is it just this tablet that has a mind of its own or am I missing some vital link?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye Aye Rosie, It should just come up and seems to wok OK on this computer. I dont know about the tablet thingies although I believe the site is set up for them and smart phones to access. let me know if problem persists
    Cheers
    Bentley
    http://myrusticview.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ran my cursor over the address and right clicked and it gave me the option to go to myrustic view I am trying to work out how to embed a link on here to take peoel straight there.
    Let me know how you get on
    Cheers
    Bentley

    ReplyDelete