Thursday 13 December 2012

Aye Aye M' heartie's

Ahaaaar, Yo Ho Ho, Barrels of rum on dead mens chests, black spots from blind Pugh  and other assorted seafaring malarkey, I am back on board and despite my procrastination last trip of saying I would be blogging more and then not doing so, I really mean it this time.
I will also be starting a new blog on the number two renovation project (as well as copying the original one to a blog of its own because I don't want to get into  a scenario where I end up with a coven of the meek and easily offended  managing eventually to get me barred from the likes of French Entree and then me being unable to retrieve the work done on the renovation topic so far.)

I had an easy trip out to the ship this time with the first leg being a free upgrade to a Mercedes E class that needed taking back to Heathrow. Then utilising some of my air miles I upgraded to business class on the double decker A380 with Singapore Airlines.
Nothing better than a couple snorters of champers before take off and relaxing in seat bigger than some cars I have owned. The only trouble is that it spoils the rest of my journeys knowing it will be another year before I have enough air miles to upgrade again.
This was followed by a comfortable limo ride across the border form Singapore to Malaysia and after a bit of wait at immigration a 1 hour trip out to the ship by water taxi.
Total travel time from leaving Bridport was 28 hours and most of it was comfortable.

As I am working away over the forthcoming festive nonsense  MrsB suggested that she deserved some winter sunshine and picked me up on a comment I made many moons ago about her flying down to join me.
Being slightly obsessed with pressing on with the renovation, and having to be practically dragged away from it even to go into town for food, I naturally tried to backtrack uttering such feeble excuses as "the money for the fosse,  the electrics, the bath, the shower tray, the insulation, the plankton in the Adriatic swimming the wrong way etc etc.
All of my lame and futile excuses were met with the steely fixed gaze of a woman who was not going to put up with any of my old shite and who would be Singapore bound in January and it was just a simple case of me shutting up and booking the flight.
We did this a couple of years ago and had a fantastic 5 nights in Singapore over the Chinese new year so in late Jan MrsB will be boarding a flight for a 7 night stay and we may have an excursion thanks to Tiger Airways which is an Asian version of Ryan Air.

We will spend at least one night in the Marina Bay Sands Hotel so we can use the infinity pool which is 200 meters up and has the spectacular skyline of Singapore as a backdrop. We popped up there for a G&T last   visit but you have to be a hotel guest to utilise the pool, although MrsB is a bit suspect at heights finding even 5 rungs up a ladder a bit leg wobbly so I am not sure how close I will be able to get her to the edge, however she assures me I have taken her to the "edge" many times. Ha.

Check this out.
http://www.amusingplanet.com/2010/06/infinity-pool-at-marina-bay-sands-hotel.html
   

So that's it for now
Love and Peace
Bentley
 

4 comments:

  1. The pirate and the ants

    The surprise and a sojourn to love central
    A glimpse and dreams of possibilities unknown
    For the pirate and his lady, charmed solitude was essential
    So to ruined abodes, toothless, roofless and groan over-grown
    They talked plans and procedures and language to boot
    Difficulties, discoveries, diggers and views
    No floors, no closets, dappled sunlight thro’ cobwebs hirsute
    But a partnership forged, now a team and steadfast crew
    No skipper, no skivvy, a joint venture she said
    And so savings denuded the project began
    With thoughts on the evenings and soporific heads
    Off-limits and abhorrent to her, was a travellers ‘van
    But off-duty he secreted one, a bold and unwise chance
    For the caravan was pre-booked by thousands of ants

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it Anonymous, as does MrsB.
    We have been musing who it could be that writes with such delightful prose about us and the project.
    I like the mystery, although MrsB is more in the "wants to know camp" and we both look forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Post them onto Facebook and see if anyone guesses.
      At 14 lines, with a rhyming couplet at the end these are (almost) English sonnets. The iambic pentameter is botched so I don't think the Bard crafted them...

      Delete
  3. I don't do facebook but I will get MrsB to pop them up on her's to see if anyone recognises the style.
    I didn't even know there was such a thing as an iambic pentameter yet alone that one could be botched. The mind boggles as I google to find out what I have been missing.

    Cheers
    Bentley

    ReplyDelete